Saturday, January 14, 2006

In da house!!!

hey crew :-)

Just a quick post to let you all know that i am in the Thailand hood now!! I had a cool flight over... I will give you the details now :-) and maybe crank some of my journal (first entry) up here later!

Well as some of ya know i cranked out of Perth at 9 on Friday morn & that was a good flight, but fully long! I couldn't believe it... I thought "are they taking me somewhere cause this seems longer than you think on the map!!!" But NO.. we got there! so i hung out for about an hour in the transit area and got my first ASIAN FLAVOURED MENTOS - 1. red orange & 2. something else! hehe :-) and then back on the plane to Bangkok. I kept falling alseep and kinda heard them say something about an extra 45 mintues. Well when i final woke up from my half dazed state i found that my connecting flight was due to leave in 20 minutes and we were only just touching down!!! so i did the good old RUN! and finally got to the transit area and then sat around for about 2+ hours :-) but then again. so did everyone else. All the flights were delayed. and mine circled bangkok for 45 minutes and i wasn't alone on that one! but met a Christian couple that are working with World Vision up in Chiang Rai... so it was actually a blessing in the end! so finally got on the plane and cranked to Chiang Rai! I got in and was collecting my bags... but as every second past i realised that so did the chance of my 2nd bag turning up! So filed a missing bag report, met some DTS crew and was on my way!

The LOTS BAG was found today it came in from somewhere on a plane :-) with the way the Chiang Rai airport was last night it could have gone to africa and back! But God blessed me big time and i got all my stuff in the end (clean clothes... yay!!)

well i gotta run and get tea!! but seriously miss you all big time! this feels abit crazy being here, but good at the same time!

AND A MASSIVE HAPPY WEDDING TO LUKE & NAOMI - so spewing i couldn't be there with you guys today!

God bless you all!
love the traveling stick - shane :-)

6 comments:

Gareth Williams said...

Hey Shane, Gazza here. Stoked to hear about you being on DTS. I trust that God will do great things through you and in you.
Go hard mate.

Servant said...

stix, stun. good you had a good flight. thank god for the bag stuff. will let all know you got there safe and keep all updated.

Anonymous said...

hey shanie-poos!! heehee...great to hear from you - we wait patiently with wide eyes for updated messages - its nice to know you're there safe=) missing you already...love sal+karl+emmy xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey man good to hear you've arrived all safe and whatnot. Keep us posted with what you get up to!

Anonymous said...

Hey shane :> Bec n shaz here just wana say we r prayin 4 u heaps mate hope alls goin well!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanus, it's Wells. Glad to hear you arrived safely. we all miss your crazy antics. i'm praying for you. bye :)