Sunday, October 02, 2005

Psalm 119:1-19

This is such a blessing to me... these words give me hope for what is ahead! LORD I thank You... because You have shown me the direction and I will follow You!

Psalm 119:1-19 (The Message Version)

1 You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD.

2 You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.

3 That's right--you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set.

4 You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.

5 Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set;

6 Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.

7 I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.

8 I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me.

9 How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word.

10 I'm single-minded in pursuit of you; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.

11 I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt.

12 Be blessed, GOD; train me in your ways of wise living.

13 I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth;

14 I delight far more in what you tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches.

15 I ponder
every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it.

16 I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it.

17 Be generous with me and I'll live a full life; not for a minute will I take my eyes off your road.

18 Open my eyes so I can see what you show me of your miracle-wonders.

19 I'm a stranger in these parts; give me clear directions.

No comments: