Friday, February 24, 2006

Back... well... kinda home!

We're back @ the DTS base after 2 weeks of outreach! What a great, blessed 2 weeks it has been! It had its fair share of hard labor work. We moved a lot of dirt around & around & around and hand mixed a bulk load of cement (the roof was up and the walls were partly built so we were laying the foundation the "thai way"... second). The bucket line we had going worked a treat! But we also were blessed to really be given opportunities to pray for people too! For the grandmother of the chief when she was sick, to pray blessing for kids on their birthdays, to prayer walk, to pray for a guy to be set free, to bless the church & it's people, & pray for the chief too...

I've cranked up some pictures so you can see what it kinda looked like
and Straight up... heres a glimpse of what our lingo was like while we were in the hisouse "don't hold back... CUT LOOSE!!" "I'm just gunna GO FOR IT!!!" "Gin Cow guys... Gin Cow!!!!" "God is good all the time... All the Time God is good!!" "that pretty much what I'm talking about..." "...and I'm not even kidding"

I think the biggest think that I learnt on outreach was that God does give and he takes away. No matter if I have a lot (have it all easy) at this moment or have nothing (finding it hard) I will bless the name of the Lord! He is truly good to me no matter where I am & what my circumstances are. I was feeling pretty taken back as I knew tom was flying out of Thailand back home. I was counting the minutes till he would touch down at home. And realizing that I was only 1 plane ticket away from being together with the WHOLE family again was pretty pressing on my heart! But God spoke something to me in my time of having less than what I would have loved (feeling like I was in a desert place). Whether God gives me time to be with my family or takes that time away... I will praise His name... It is best that his name be blessed no matter what. God bless you my family!!!


Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Oh, There's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Well Blessed be your name



Matthew 19:29

And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or
mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as
much in return and will have eternal life.


What A Friend I've Found - Delirious

what a friend i've found
closer than a brother
i have felt your touch
more intimate than lovers

Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, you're my friend forever

what a hope i've found
more faithful than a mother
it would break my heart
to ever lose each other

Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, you're my friend forever

5 comments:

Steve said...

Wow ... that is sooo cool!

What is incredible for me reading your post is the choice of the two songs you've quoted.

I just this week put my Kathryn Scott cd into the car cd stacker. I mean, I haven't played that cd in yonks, and the song that really spoke to me when I hit the play button was "Blessed be the name of the Lord"!!!

And also this week, Thomas slipped the Delirious cd into the stacker, and I almost cried when I played "What a friend I've found" and also "Majesty" ... you know Shane ... the song I would always ask you to play when we were driving to work.

You are such a blessing ... love you heaps son.

Dad xoxo

Tom said...

good stuff bro ...

I've enjoyed the cement mixing the Thai way too =)

and I love that quote "that pretty much what I'm talking about..." "...and I'm not even kidding"

I think I will have to use that ...

Servant said...

yeah Word up it Really is aawesome to hear what you're learning and that, in theat learning, you're blessing and being blessed. good to hear form you bro.
stunners

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the update!

Nice choice of songs, we play them at church. They both have alot of meaning for us too.

Steve said...

"But God spoke something to me in my time of having less than what I would have loved" ...

I know what you mean son. I've had a few of these character building times in my life.

Keep on keeping on for His glory. It'll be worth it in the end!

Dad xoxo