Monday, May 22, 2006

Spend a day in an internet cafe? Who would do that? :-)

What do you do on a day off? Well if your me... I guess you come to the local Kantharalak Internet Cafe - its not much of a cafe actually... but they do have internet here... it kinda works ok ;-)

Today we just get an opportunity to hang out... so i put up some more photos of what is going on here, in Kantharalak!

On both Saturday & Sunday I got to be a Radio DJ for an hour! "Welcome to 106.2 FM" - Well i think Piyarat said that in Thai... i just smiled and looked nice :-) Piyarat (my DTS staff) was the radio host & my translator... she did great! It's kinda crazy when you think that the area this radio station services has about 2 million people in it. So maybe 2 million people tuned in... OK I guess maybe a few less did... it was still AWESOME anyway! The first day we PUNISHED a whole lot of english songs (United, David Crowder & Switch Foot) & the second day we HIT those thai songs (School of Worship 04 & 05). I got to share about being a Christian in Australia & being a Christian furan (foreigner) here in Thailand! As well as share a whole lot more! I even made a SHOUT OUT to all the DTS crew! PUNISH THAT!!!

Well I have to run... we have to get back to talk about what to teach the kids tomorrow at school... and to go to a WEDDING RECEPTION (it had been canceled the last 2 nights on account of RAIN... so tonight it might actually happen!) I let you know :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard you were on msn- who does that in the middle of the day ;) Wish I had of been home...DJ Sticky... love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your smile looked great on radio ;) mum